News

Mast at last

Thursday, 30 November 2017

Mast at last thumbnailTUV Alderman Sharon McKillop, Frankie Cunningham, Chairperson Dervock Community Association and DUP MLA Mervyn Storey with their phones pictured at the new mobile phone mast in Dervock. WK48-93TMBM

THERE is 'jubilation and disbelief' in Dervock after the long campaign to secure adequate mobile phone coverage has delivered success at last.
After 'ten years of relentless lobbying' the new O2 mast activated last week, is providing superfast 4G coverage for many customers in what was one of the most notorious mobile phone black spots in the country.
The news was welcomed by local political representatives and by the Chair of Dervock Community Association, Frankie Cunningham, who said:
“Woodrow Wilson said, 'All things come to him who waits', and it certainly has been a long campaign, over 10 years of relentless lobbying.
“Collectively, I welcome this brilliant news for the village and surrounding area. This provides a much-needed resource that will benefit individuals, businesses and tourists who prior to this felt isolated and somewhat marginalised."
In welcoming the move, North Antrim DUP MLA Mervyn Storey urged other providers to follow the example of 02.
Commenting Mr Storey said: "This has been a long and a frustrating issue. For too long Dervock has had what can only be described as an abysmal mobile coverage.
“The residents of the village all know too well the lack of coverage over the years.
*Read the full story in this week's Chronicle

Share

Subscribe to read full newspaper »

Send to a friend

Please complete the following form to inform a friend about this page.

In order to process your information we must ask you to enter the letters in the image into the box:

CAPTCHA Image play audio version Reload Image

* Mandatory field - please complete