News

Dunlop is happy to play the waiting game

Thursday, 29 March 2018

Dunlop is happy to play the waiting game thumbnailMichael Dunlop is currently without a Superbike for the 2018 season

MICHAEL Dunlop has said that if push comes to shove he will happily build his own Superbike for the new road racing season.
At the start of the month the Ballymoney man announced through his official Facebook page that he would be cutting his ties with Hawk Racing after an indifferent 2017.
The only real highlight was  a fastest lap of  132.903mph which he recorded on his way to wrapping up the Senior TT  at the Isle of Man on the Suzuki GSX-R1000R.
The news  came as something of a surprise to bike fans given that Dunlop had been out testing with Stuart and Steve Hicken's team at Cartagena in Spain just days beforehand.
Even though the new season is due to start in just over a month's time at the  Cookstown 100, with his home meeting - the North West 200 - three weeks after that, Dunlop says he is in no panic to put pen to paper on a fresh Superbike ride.
“Everyone is in a big rush but there is a few weeks left yet - I'm not in any big panic," he said during the launch of the Isle of Man TT, where it was confirmed that John McGuinness will ride a Honda CBR600RR Supersport bike   built and prepped by the twenty-eight-year-old.
“At the minute I have not got  anything sorted. I know that I need to get a Superbike.
Michael Dunlop is currently without a Superbike for the 2018 season

Share

Subscribe to read full newspaper »

Send to a friend

Please complete the following form to inform a friend about this page.

In order to process your information we must ask you to enter the letters in the image into the box:

CAPTCHA Image play audio version Reload Image

* Mandatory field - please complete